Your child’s attendance is anticipated and the staffing requirements have been met for the benefit of your child. In the event of a change, please notify the office immediately. We can only be as flexible as our enrollment allows us to be. If a pattern of extra days occurs, you will be given a new financial agreement and/or charged accordingly. If you wish to change your days for the summer months (June-August), you will be given a new summer enrollment application form. You will then be financially responsible for only the days for which you are enrolled. Children should be present for class by 9:00am. PARENTS ARE REQUESTED TO TELEPHONE THE CENTER IF THEIR CHILD WILL ARRIVE LATER THAN 9:00AM. If your child will be out for the day, please notify the school by 9:00am. Our program runs from September to June. Our Summer Program runs from July to August. All parents must register if their child (children) plans to attend summer camp. Please note that you may be required to provide references prior to admission.
Tuition Payment-Made in advance before services begins
Tuition is based on the actual cost of operating the center. Your child’s enrollment within our program is contractual and not for services rendered. Meaning, there is no credit given for vacations, scheduled school holidays, child illness, or for closings due to emergency situations, inclement weather or acts of God.
Non-Payment of tuition is grounds for immediate dismissal from the program. Timely payments are essential for continued enrollment at Winners’ Academy. However, if you anticipate difficulty with paying on time, please discuss the matter with the Director immediately. If alternative arrangements for payment are approved, you will be notified by the Director.
Winners’ Academy accepts child care subsidies from Nassau County Department of Social Services (DSS) and New York City Administration for Children Services (ACS). Children of families seeking full or partial tuition coverage form DSS or ACS will not be enrolled until proof of subsidy authorization is provided. Proof includes an approval/authorization notice acknowledging the child has been registered at Winners’ Academy, a phone call directly from the parent or family’s agency’s worker providing verbal approval. Families that cannot provide proof of authorization prior to their requested start date must pay the tuition rate in full independently. If approval is granted for the period of time that a parent has already made a payment for, a refund will be issued.
In the event a security deposit is required, parents will have to pay one week deposit (equivalent to current market weekly rate) before a child is admitted into the program (refer to your financial agreement). This deposit will be credited toward your last week’s tuition as long as you give us two weeks’ notice. We say credited because your rates may be higher at termination than when your child was enrolled. If that is the case, you will be billed for the difference for the final months. It is non-refundable if your child does not attend.
Our center closes at 6:00pm. It is unfair to the teachers and staff to keep them past their scheduled hours. Please adhere to the late policy. There will be a fee of $1.00 per minute for late pickups (Please see your financial agreement schedule). Late payment fee is due at time of pick up on the same day the parent is late. Parents are encouraged to contact the office if they are running late. This allows us to be sure your child is supervised and is aware that you are delayed. In accordance with the licensing agency’s requirement, and to meet the nutritional requirements for children, the maximum number of hours that a child can be under our supervision is 10 hours per day.
In case of illness, no credit shall be given. In case of extended illness (after one tuition week), please contact our center. You will be liable for tuition for the first week of illness. Upon consecutive days thereafter, no charge will be rendered. However, when tuition is waived, a doctor’s statement is required.
You will be asked to pick up your child for the following reasons:
- If your child’s temperature reached 100 degrees or higher.
- Your child has three diarrhea movements in a two hour span.
- If your child vomits.
- Inappropriate behavior has been demonstrated which may cause harm to themselves, other children or staff.
No child will be permitted with contagious diseases. The center will notify you for pick up if staff is suspicious of a contagious disease. The Director may request a doctor’s statement noting the child is free from contagious disease and may return to school.
A parent MUST keep the child at home if the child has:
- Impetigo or any rash until it is identified as not being contagious.
- Diarrhea, which is a watery or greenish runny bowel movement that looks different and is more frequent that the child’s usual stool.
- Conjunctivitis or pink eye or any type of contagious eye infection.
- Vomiting which is more than the usual spitting up.
- A severe cold with fever, sneezing and nose drainage.
- With the following contagious diseases the child must be kept away from the program:
- Chicken pox
- Scarlet fever
- If a doctor diagnoses an ear or throat infection and places the child on an antibiotic, the child must remain away until he/she has been on the medication for a minimum of 24 hours.
These guidelines have been established by childcare associations and are quite reasonable. We cannot realistically care for a sick child and give proper care to other children in our groups. These guidelines are also made with the children’s best interest in mind.
Winners’ Academy is a safe warming place for our children. We are proud to say that we are very cautious to our duties of keeping a safe environment for the children. Some safety features are:
- Inspections by the Nassau County Board of Health
- Monthly Monitored fire Drills
- Locked Doors and Fenced-in on our outdoor playground
- A yearly Physical must be handed in every beginning of the school year
- Every Classroom and hallways are equipped with an electrical plug protector
- All Cabinets are kept locked with a child proof safety lock
Parents are responsible for supplying the following items:
- 1 Box Jumbo-Size Crayons
- 1 Box Jumbo-Size Pencils
- 1 Box Colored Pencils (4 years old only)
- 1 Red Folder/ 1 Yellow Folder
- 1 Child-Size Safety Scissors
- 2 Elmer’s Non-toxic, White Glue
- 1 Marble Notebook
- 4 Boxes of Tissues
- 1 Pack of Unscented Baby Wipes
- 1 Box Gallon Size Baggies
- 1 Box Sandwich Size Baggies
- 1 Pack of 10-inch Size Paper Plates
- 1 Pump Hand Sanitizer
- 2 Pump Hand Soap (kid safe)
- 1 Pack of Clorox Wipes
- Book Bag (no plastic bags please)
- 2 Complete Change of Clothing (extra uniforms, underwear, socks)
- Diapers/ Pull-Ups for children who are potty training
- Crib Sheet for the Cot
- Blankets for Nap Time (No stuffed animals or detached pillows please).
Please also note:
- Supplies will remain in the classroom. Parents will be notified when supplies are low.
- Please label all of your child’s belongings with their name.
- All children are expected to wear a Uniform Monday through Friday with the exception of “Fun Fridays”. Please send your child in with a $1.00 if he/she chooses to “dress down”. (That dollar then gets re-invested in classroom programming such as Treasure box treats).
Parents must send breakfast, lunch and snack for their children. In the event parents forget to send lunch for their child, a cheese sandwich or Mac & Cheese will be offered.
We will be more than happy to assist with potty training provided that it is not done before the child is ready. Parents are asked to initiate the training at home (on vacations or weekends) before starting it in our program. Once training is initiated, parents are to supply several pairs of underwear and changes of clothes or pull-ups.
Winners’ Academy would like to teach our students about personal appearance and how important it is for them to be neat and orderly in how they present themselves. It is our policy that ALL toddlers, preschooler’s and kindergarteners wear uniforms. Certainly, wearing a uniform is a cost effective way of dressing our students. Each child only needs limited numbers of the uniform items. These items are affordable and usually can be passed on to other family members or other students.
The uniform policy will be vigorously enforced, so parents are strongly encouraged to purchase the uniform items listed. Neatness will be emphasized throughout the day. For example, boys MUST always tuck in their shirts with pants. This should help in students’ respect for school and learning.
- Long or short sleeved polo shirt – red or yellow
- Pants – navy blue or khaki (shorts for summer)
- Black belt (web or leather)
- Long or short sleeved polo shirt – red or yellow
- Pants, skirts or jumper – navy blue or khaki (shorts for summer)
- Navy blue sweater
BOYS AND GIRLS:
- Navy blue or gray sweat pants and shirts for cold days
Note: We require that all personal items be labeled with the child’s name. This can be done easily with a permanent marker. If a child is wearing a short sleeve shirt in the winter, a red long sleeves shirt can be worn underneath the uniform shirt. No other color is acceptable.
Children nap on a 2-inch infection control mat or a cot in the children’s classroom. The children nap from 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm Monday through Friday. Parents are to provide blankets for their child. Blankets will be sent home every Friday and to be returned to school on Monday.
Monthly payments are due on the 25th of each month before service is rendered. A fee of $25.00 will be charged for payments received after the 1st. Weekly payments are due every Friday before the service period. There will be a fee of $25.00 if payment is not received by Monday. Payments are requested in cash. However, money orders/tellers’ or personal checks will be accepted. If your check is returned, you are responsible to pay the returned check fee in the amount of $40.00. There are limited numbers of spaces available. The space that has been reserved for your child cannot be filled on a short-term basis. Therefore, tuition payments are not based on a child’s attendance. No refunds are given for late arrivals/early departures, or exclusion due to illness. Parents are responsible for paying the full amount for each week or each month.
All custodial parents and/or legal guardians are required to sign a Tuition Agreement prior to enrollment of their child at Winners’ Academy.
Registration Fee - Due upon enrollment and every year during the first week in June
A non-refundable registration rate is payable for each child at each point of enrollment. Registration rates are charged annually and will be billed the first week in June for each succeeding year of enrollment. Registration rates are used to replenish our program with materials, equipment and supplies that are used in the classrooms to provide an excellent learning environment for children.
Registration at Winners’ Academy is open to children ages 2 ½ through 10 years of age. Parents can apply for enrollment of their child(ren) by completing the registration application and paying the non-refundable registration fee. Admission is contingent upon availability of space in our program and upon receipt of the completed documents listed below:
- OCFS Daycare Registration (Blue Card)
- Medical Forms signed and stamped by doctor with proof of immunization
- General Information
- Parent Guardian valid Photo Identification
- Names and phone numbers of individuals authorized to pick your child (He/she must present a valid photo ID upon arrival each time). To add or remove an individual, the parent/guardian must notify us in writing with a signed/dated notice.
- All Consent forms including Non-Medication Consent form for over-the-counter topical products
- NYS DOH Child and Adult Care food Program Income Eligibility Form
- Schedule and tuition agreement
- Uniform requirements
- Sign and date all forms
Please list all allergies, special beliefs, or any special circumstances that may help us relate to your child. Please make sure that we are supplied with proper information in case of emergency.
OCFS MEDICAL STATEMENT
Check what we are doing to prevent the spread of COVID -19.